Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Italian Sunday Dinners

Before I got pregnant, I told myself that I wanted to make Italian Sunday dinners a tradition for my daughter. We had pasta most Sundays when I was growing up. I want Sophia to grow up with this tradition. Today I made chicken gravy and it was better than I could have ever asked for.


Chicken Gravy

6 chicken thighs
1/2 lb bison or ground beef (i like Bison bc it is supposed to be lower in cholesterol and tastes just like beef)
1 medium onion
3 tblsp olive oil
2 tblsp minced garlic
2 cans crushed tomatoes
4 tbsp italian seasoning
4 tbsp garlic powder
1/4-1/2 cup red wine (can use beef or chicken broth instead if u like)


Put 1 turn of large pot of olive oil (about a tbsp)
heat pan
add chicken and brown all sides
remove chicken when browned into a bowl
add minced garlic to pot
then add julienned onions (sliced long ways)
cook about a minute then add bison (or beef) and brown
add between a 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine ( go by ur taste) DEGLAZE PAN
let simmer for about a minute or two
add chicken and juices back to pot
cover all with 2 cans crushed tomatoes
sprinkle all of the italian seasoning and garlic powder on top of tomatoes
Stir and cover
simmer for about 4-5 hours
mix occasionally

ENJOY!!!
YUMEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment